Friday, January 13, 2017

Honey, Lemon& Baking Soda Face Mask. Does it really work?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
So I was going through Pinterset and came across this face mask and thought to myself "Hum, maybe I should try this and tell you guys what I thought of it... And also I needed to do a face mask desperately." I have recently been breaking out due to stress and hormonal stuff. So I picked Honey, Lemon& Baking Soda because they all help clear up acne and blackheads (And needed to get rid of both of them). 

Some benefits of each ingredients:
Honey-
  • Acne- Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it's great for acne treatment and prevention.
  • Complexion Boost- It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow.
  • Pores- Honey is clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
Baking Soda-
  • Acne& Blemishes- A natural antibiotic that cures the underlying fungal infections. Baking soda can also slowly erase acne scars and speed the healing of acne damage.
  • Blackheads- Helps draw out the infections that cause the blackheads and loosen the tough skin around to makes them easier for you to extract.
  • Eases the pain from skin toning.
Lemons-
  • Heal Acne& Remove Blackheads- antibacterial and anti fungal properties make them a natural alternative for acne treatments.
  • Lighten Dark Spots& Blemishes-  gradually fades spots and evens your skin tone. Be cautious of open wounds or cuts on the face, as it can sting real bad.
  • Get rid of oily skin- Try doing this before bed and washing your face the next morning to prevent oily skin. (But be careful doing this since lemon has a number 3 on the alkaline and acidic scale.)

Measurements:
1/2 TSP Lemon Juice, 1/2 TSP Baking Soda and 1 TBSP Honey.
(When you first add all the ingredients the baking soda will fizz due to the acid from the lemon juice. Let it settle and mix again until smooth then apply to face, focusing to the acne and blackheads). If not sure if you can handle it test on the side of your neck with all ingredients and if it burns remove it.   

-Used Control Corrective Gentle Face Wash before I applied the mask.
-Put the mask on with my fingertips and rubbed gently into my skin. Leave on for 15 minutes. After time is up I rinsed my face with warm water then extracted my face with an extractor. And the blackheads came running out! I am was excited when I was extracting, it feels so Satisfying to me! I did it on my nose (which is so sensitive but didn't hurt at all) and my forehead.
-Then used Control Corrective Sensitive Skin Tonic with Aloe with a round cotton pad all over face.
-Control Corrective Collagen Eye Defense to under the eye and on the eyelid. 
-Control Corrective Ceramide Daily Cream.
 All Mixed.
15 Minute Timer.

I can tell the difference right away when I removed the mask. 
Skin looked dry but after putting on my moisturizer my skin is very soft and still looks amazing!  

Thanks for reading! If you have any request leave a comment or email me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment